Title: Lumber Estimator/Inside Sales
City, State: Mount Horeb, Wisconsin
Premier Cooperative has an exciting Lumber Estimator/Inside Sales opportunity.
- Service and maintain positive relationship with current customer base
- Work with lumber counter, supervisor, and other salespersons to ensure quality customer service
- Proper ordering, pricing, etc. must be given to billing department in timely manner
- Follow department procedures to provide accurate sales information for jobs
- Work with customers to ensure timely and accurate ordering of products for jobs
- Report all incorrect orders to manager and help resolve in timely manner
- Understand the operations of the store computers, registers, and other equipment to provide accurate reports, quality customer service, and to maintain the system in operating order
- Work with supervisor in developing and implementing marketing plans/programs in order to promote sales and profits of the operation
- Greet and gather plans and information from new contractors/individuals who are seeking estimates or pricing on their projects
- Assist co-workers with monthly, quarterly, or yearly inventory counts and reports as needed by office
- Fill out and turn in all required weekly and monthly sales call reports, expense reports, complaint/credit reports and other paperwork in a timely manner
- Be able to develop plans to meet customer requirements and estimate the cost of materials
- Be able to develop plans and specifications for home and/or commercial construction projects and compile lists of materials from blueprints
- Must have knowledge of store products (cabinets, paint, windows, doors, home décor, etc.)
- Must be friendly, energetic, outgoing, and personable in dealing with customers and co-workers
- Must be prepared to alternate weekends at lumber desk with other employees. (Average of once a month and will be counted as one of you work days.)
- Must be insurable and remain insurable under regular company insurance policy
- Develop plans and specifications for consumer and commercial customers
- Explain the need for and the proper use of materials to the customer
- Know and be able to explain building code requirements to customers
- Prepare lists of materials based upon blueprints.
- Supply customers and/or management with accurate estimates on a timely basis
- Experience in the Agricultural industry
Premier Cooperative offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time OFF, 401K, Long and Short Term Disability. This position will have opportunity for growth.
Premier Cooperative is the oldest farm and consumer supply cooperative in the nation providing essential crop input, energy, animal nutrition and grain resources to farms, businesses and consumers.